WhatsApp is the main communication tool in the world today. However, so many tools to facilitate this process can overwhelm other users who use this application out of “social commitment”.
However, the platform owned by Meta, WhatsApp, goes further and allows practically and simply the possibility of creating chat groups where several people can exchange messages, overwhelming, even more, those types of people that we mentioned earlier. Groups from your children’s school, former classmates, among others, stand out in the criticism of users on social networks.
If you feel identified with this type of user, then keep reading because you will find a trick that will avoid those uncomfortable situations when joining a group in a non-consensual way.
Prevent being added to WhatsApp groups
The first thing you should know is that you won’t need an external tool to be able to perform this trick, you only have to delve into the tools that WhatsApp offers you and you will be able to achieve your goal.
The step by step is as follows:
- Step 1: You must enter WhatsApp.
- Step 2: Press on Settings
- Step 3: Enter to Account and then to Privacy.
- Step 4: In that section, you will see the Groups option.
- Step 5: Upon entering there you will see that the platform will allow you to choose who can join you in WhatsApp groups.
- Step 6: At that time you must select the option “My contacts, except”.
- Step 7: Then select all the contacts in your address book.
And ready! When you activate that option, users who want to put you in a group will have to send you a request.
Only if you accept it, is that you can enter the group. In case you don’t want to, just reject the request and that’s it.
This function is very useful when they want to put you in those groups of condominiums, schools, universities, or distant friends who are planning a reunion and you simply do not want to be part of it.