Present at the World Cup with Clément Turpin as central referee, Stéphanie Frappart has been appointed to be the 4th referee for the Mexico-Poland match scheduled for 5 p.m. this Tuesday, November 22. For this match counting for group C, decisive for the qualification especially with Argentina in scarecrow in this group, it is an Australian who will have a heavy responsibility to referee: Chris Beathe, also accompanied by Anton Schetinin and Ashley Beecham, assistant referees.
Biography Stephanie Frappart. Stéphanie Frappart was born on December 14, 1983 in Plessis-Bouchard, a town located in Val-d’Oise in Île-de-France. If she started playing football at AS Herblay, Stéphanie quickly turned to refereeing where she had more professional prospects. If she officiates since 2003 in women’s D1, it is only recently that the native of Plessis-Bouchard leads Ligue 1 matches. Recognized today as one of the best referees in the world, Stéphanie Frappart is one of the three referees women who will officiate during a match of the 2022 World Cup (November 19 – December 18).
What is Stephanie Frappart’s salary?
In Ligue 1, each referee receives a fixed salary of around 6,500 euros according to The Team not to mention bonuses linked to matches depending on the level of the championship and the role of the referee. In the elite, a central referee receives 3,029 euros gross in bonuses, an assistant €1,478 and €1,000 for a video assistant. In the second division, the match bonus is €1,583 for the central referee and €711 for his assistants.
What are Stéphanie Frappart’s major designations?
Since the beginning of her career as a football referee, here are the major matches where Stéphanie Frappart has officiated as a referee:
- 2003: first game of D1 Women Hénin-Beaumont – La Roche-sur-Yon
- 2011: Final of the women’s challenge Montpellier – Saint-Etienne
- 2014: named best female referee at the UNFP trophies
- 2014: first female referee to officiate a professional match (in Ligue 2)
- 2015: FIFA Women’s World Cup
- 2016: Summer Olympics Women’s Football Tournament
- 2017: European Women’s Football Championship
- April 28, 2019: first woman to referee a Ligue 1 match (Amiens-Strasbourg on the 34th day)
- 2019: Women’s World Cup final (United States – Netherlands)
- 2019: UEFA Super Cup (Liverpool – Chelsea)
- 2020: Nations League (Malta-Latvia)
- 2020: Europa League (Leicester – Zorya Luhansk)
- 2020: Champions League (Juventus – Dynamo Kyiv)
- 2021: Summer Olympics Women’s Football Tournament
- 2022: Women’s Champions League (FC Barcelona – Real Madrid)
- 2022: French Cup (FC Nantes – OGC Nice)
- 2022: World Cup in Qatar
Stéphanie Frappart and the 2022 World Cup
Since May 19, 2022, she has been one of the 3 women selected as main referees during the final phase of the FIFA World Cup 2022 (November 19 – December 18). She is the only European in this list which also includes 33 main male referees, including the French Clément Turpin.