Monday, December 11, 2023

Palm oil production in Colombia was 173,900 tons in April

Palm oil production in Colombia in April was 173,900 tons, which represents a growth of 4.6% compared to April 2022, the National Federation of Oil Palm Growers (Fedepalma) reported on Monday.

Likewise, the production between January and April of this year reached 728,600 tonswith an increase of 4.7% compared to the 695,8000 tons of the same period of the previous year, the union added in a statement.

On the other hand, in the first four months of 2023, the oil sales of palm were 667,000 tons, of which 66.5% were destined for the local market and the remaining 33.5% were exported.

Palm oil sales to market sales reached a volume of 444,000 tons, registering an increase of 4.5% compared to the same months of the previous year, while sales to the export market reached 224,000 tons.

The sector of the palmiculture Colombiana obtained a record production of 1.77 million tons of crude palm oil in 2022 and expects to close this year with 1.8 million tons, according to figures from Fedepalma.

In the country there 7,000 producers of palm, of which 72% are small growers, who on average have crops of 8.6 hectares.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article