Victory Party Chairman Ümit Özdağ announced that they will support the Nation Alliance presidential candidate Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu in the second round of the Presidential Election. A 7-item protocol was signed between Özdağ and Kılıçdaroğlu. It was noteworthy that the 4th article of the protocol included the decision to continue the trustee practice.
STATEMENT FROM HDP AND THE GREEN LEFT PARTY
Upon this development, HDP and Green Left Party, which supported Kılıçdaroğlu in the first round, gathered to evaluate the latest developments. After the meeting, which lasted about two hours, a written statement was made.
The statement included the following:
HDP and Green Left Party Central Executive Committees convened extraordinarily today and evaluated the latest developments. According to this;
“1- We have stated for a long time that there are practices that do not comply with universal principles in terms of democracy and law on the basis of the problems experienced in our country, and we continue to say that. Especially election law and trustee policies that destroy the will of the people and local democracy are at the forefront of these practices. Appointments of trustees are unacceptable in terms of democracy and law, and our approach on this issue is unchanging.
2- The determinations regarding this issue in the protocol announced by Mr. Kılıçdaroğlu today are contrary to universal democratic principles. Our attitude and criticism are clear and open. Trustee practices are not only the problem of Diyarbakır but also of Istanbul and all of us as a whole.
“WE ARE AWARE OF THE GAMES PLAYED AND THE TRAPS INSTALLED”
3- It is the duty of all of us to protect the universal principles of democracy and law and not to compromise on unprincipled stances in this regard. We remind this once again. We will continue to be the decisive subject of the struggle for democracy, law and justice.
4- We are aware of the games played and the traps set for and after the 28 May elections, which have turned into a referendum for the country. We continue our evaluations that we started today with the components and boards of our parties. As a result of our evaluations, we will share our final decision and our statement about our stance in the elections with our people tomorrow (May 25, 2023).
PROTOCOL BETWEEN CHP AND VICTORY PARTY
The 7 basic principles of the protocol signed between the CHP and the Victory Party are as follows:
- The definition and content of Turkish Citizenship in the first 4 articles of our Constitution and article 66 will be preserved.
- The national-unitary-secular state established in 1924 will never be compromised. These values will be adhered to.
- All asylum seekers and fugitives, especially Syrians, will be sent back to their countries within 1 year at the latest.
- All terrorist organizations targeting the existence and integrity of the state, especially FETO, PKK and ISIS, will be fought effectively and decisively. Within the framework of the fight against terrorism, the practice of appointing state officials instead of local administration administrators whose links with terrorism are proven by legal evidence will continue within the framework of judicial decision. Terrorism will be fought, not negotiated. No political and legal arrangements targeting Turkey’s national and unitary state structure will be allowed.
- In assignments to be made in all units of the state, it will be ensured that merit, not loyalty, is the basis.
- All corruption will be dealt with very effectively within the framework of the law.
- It was agreed that the state should be transparent and open to its citizens.