Tiger cricketers are preparing themselves at Mirpur Sher-e Bangla National Cricket Stadium ahead of the upcoming Asia Cup. The Bangladesh team was practicing today (Monday) as a regular activity. At that time, the floodlights of the stadium suddenly caught fire.
Confirming this unexpected incident, Jiban Mia, duty officer of the fire service control room, told Dhaka Times, ‘The floodlight caught fire due to a short circuit. In a while it goes out.’
Meanwhile, Grounds Committee manager Abdul Baten told the media, ‘There was a fire due to a short circuit problem. However, no accident occurred. Cricketers are not facing any problem in practice as the rest of the lights are on. Due to the rain, it is not possible to fix the floodlights now.’
After the fire incident, the floodlight was quickly switched off to avoid accidents. Due to lack of light, the cricketers left the field at that time.