Sunday, December 3, 2023

A great Claudio Bravo supports Betis in San Mamés

With this victory, the Sevillian team, which has won its first match at the new San Mamés, extends the advantage over the Bilbao player to five points, which also loses seventh place in favor of a Girona that surpasses it in direct confrontations.

The game started at a thousand per hour and did not stop until the break with the two teams thrown towards the local areas, where both were able to achieve a bulky result already in the first half.

A save from Claudio Bravo to a hard shot from Guruzeta In a play that was penalized out of play, but which surely would have had to be reviewed by VAR if it had been a goal, he opened hostilities after two minutes.

Shortly after, in minute 5, the Betic goal arrived. A shot on the edge of the area in which Willian José took advantage of a rebound from Mikel Vesga’s slow reflexes and that Vivian had stung a throw-in into the Miranda area in her feint of aerial dispute.

There were dangerous arrivals and occasions in one area and another. Where Guruzeta was blunt on half a dozen occasions and unlucky Williams in a slip when he threatened to shoot the visiting goalkeeper.

‘Guru’ was about to score after a cross from Iñaki that youth player Paul cleared for a corner, but he was not able to lower a great pass from above to the back of Dani García’s defence. The young central defender from Betis was also about to score a cross from De Marcos in his own goal, but was avoided by Bravo.

Betis, meanwhile, created less danger but more clearly and threatened to make it 0-2 up to three times. In the first, in minute 19, Ayoze sent Simón into a poorly managed four against two on a counterattack.

In the second Ayoze did not reach a cross-kick from Carvalho after a burst from Sabaly. And, following a corner kick, Paul foreshortened off a lobbed ball that he hit the crossbar.

seemed to have his chance to equalize before the breakbut the VAR annulled in the 43rd minute the penalty that Miranda had clearly not taken in a cross from Nico but that Ortiz Arias had whistled.

The start of the second, what was played in that section because the game was interrupted for many minutes, was from Betis. But Ayoze was stopped by De Marcos with a free kick, Willian José and Guardado shot without options and Miranda did not quite take advantage of an error with Simón’s foot.

Athletic was made with the game and did not stop percussion on the Bravo area, in which Sancet looked for 1-1 twice. First he headed into the hands of the Chilean goalkeeper a cross from Willams and then he found the crossbar in a volley from the front.

The ‘lions’ continued with the siege and they created up to three clear scoring chances in a row in five minutes. Bravo got in the way in the first two, two great interventions, and Berenguer could not control at the penalty spot.

and even the young Adu Ares joined the local approachbut finished off too wide and bitten in a counter mounted by Sancet.

That was the end of Athletic, who even remained in inferiority after the Expulsion of Vivian for bringing down Borja Iglesias being the last defender.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article