Thursday, September 21, 2023

A 13-year-old girl dies after doing a dangerous TikTok challenge

It is a reality that Social networks have become extremely important platformsa, especially for young people.

Millions of kids around the world try to innovate their contentin order to get more followers.

Thus, they choose to follow fashion trends, complete viral challenges and upload clips with the best songs of the moment.

Social media challenges put users’ lives at risk

But that is not all. Some of them go further, and rThey carry out challenges that endanger their health and even their lives.

In fact, on social networks you can find some stories of young people who carried out dangerous challenges, which ended very badly until they regretted their death.

Young man dies from inhaling deodorant fumes

Such is the case of Esra Haynes, a 13-year-old Australian girl who died after inhaling deodorant fumes while living with some friends.

After completing the viral challenge, which is known as “chroming”, the girl suffered a heart attackwhich ultimately ended his life.

The suffering of his parents was enormous. In fact, at one point they were hopeful that they could take her home.

However, a subsequent scan revealed brain damage, which was irreversible.

To her sadness, a week after completing the dangerous challenge, the girl died.

“They put a bed for her so we could lie down with her. We hugged her to the end,” said Paul Haynes, the young woman’s father.

After the terrible incident, the girl’s family decided to make the case public, with the aim of alerting other parents of the risks associated with the challenge that has gone viral on social networks.

What is chroming?

The challenge involves inhaling chemicals found in aerosol products, deodorants, paints, or insecticides.

The intention of Esra’s parents is to raise awareness about the danger of these viral challenges.

“We want to help other children not fall into the trap of doing this nonsense. It is unquestionable that this will be our crusade. It’s not something she would have done on her own,” the girl’s father told the Herald Sun.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest article